Are you aspiring to do a course in engineering? You are in the right place. Are you interested in getting engineering skills and manpower to serve you country? If yes, stick with us as we give you an outline engineering institutions and courses offered. Best Universities offering Engineering Courses in Kenya.
Engineering is a very large field of study as there are many courses that are offered there. These courses run from mechanical, electrical, water, civil, chemical among other prominent engineering courses. Kenya has great universities that offer engineering courses which are proven by the Ministry of Education (MoE).
In this article, we are going to discuss in depth the best universities that offer engineering courses in Kenya. Further, we are going to look at the minimum grade requirements, scholarships and the amount a student can get from the scholarship to pursue a course in engineering.
What Is engineering?
Engineering course is all about building machines. It is about designing and testing of machines. Further, it is a course that can lead to career as a graduate has an opportunity to secure a very lucrative deal at matches factories or manufacturing companies. You will discover that engineering courses are dedicate to solving various problems affecting every investment sector in Kenya and the world.
Noteworthy, engineering is divided into four main categories which include:
- Chemical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Civil engineering
Engineering courses offered in Kenya
There are over one hundred (100) engineering courses that are offered in the Kenyan universities. They include the following:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineerin
- Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Maritime Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Biosystems engineering
- Civil and structural engineering
- Textile engineering
- Electoral and telecommunication engineering
- Production engineering
- Process engineering
- Communication engineering
- Mechatronic engineering
- Agricultural engineering
- Biosystems engineering
Universities offering Engineering Courses in Kenya
Kenya has the very best universities that offer engineering courses. There, students are equipped with skills and manpower to undertake any engineering task that is ahead of them. Therefore, we are going to discuss the various universities where you can pursue your engineering course in Kenya:
- Moi University
- University of Nairobi
- Technical University of Mombasa
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Kenyatta University
- Egerton University
- Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- Multimedia University of Kenya
- Technical University of Kenya
- University of Eldoret
Colleges offering Engineering Courses in Kenya
There are a number of approved colleges that offer engineering courses in Kenya. These colleges include the following:
- Kirinyaga Technical Institute
- Kisauni Youth Polytechnic in Mombasa
- Kenya Industrial Training Institute in Nakuru
- Kisumu Polytechnic in Kisumu
- Machakos University College
- Mathenge Institute of Technology-Othaya
- Kitale Technical Training Institute
- Kabete Technical Training Institute
- Kirinyaga School of Professional Studies
- Comboni Polytechnic in Gilgil
- Keroka Technical Training Institute-Keroka
- Lutheran Technical Training Institute- Kisumu
- Baringo Technical College
- Kenya College-Nairobi
- ICT Fire and Rescue-Thika
- Nyeri Technical Training Institute-Nyeri
- NYS Engineering Institute-Nairobi
- Rift Valley Technical Training Institute
- Sagana Technical Training Institute
- Thika Institute of Technology.
Minimum Grade Requirements for engineering Courses
For you to pursue an engineering course in any of the Kenyan universities, you need to meet the following requirements:
- KCSE mean grade of C + (plus)
- At least a B+ (Plus) in Mathematics and physics
- B plain (Plain) in Chemistry and English
- C plain (Plain) in KCSE with a diploma at least credit or pass in relevant fields of study from a recognized institution
Are University engineering eligible for government Scholarship?
All engineering students are eligible to secure a scholarship from the Kenya government. All you need to do is apply for the scholarship and trust you me, you will be lucky. Further, you also can apply for Higher Education Loan Board (HELB) and the Higher Education Financing (HEF). In the case of HELB, you will be given a particular amount of money for the whole year.
The HELB loan is divided into two. There is money for the first and second semester. At least 97% of the HELB loan is disbursed in the individual student account. The remaining 7% is put in the university account to cater for tuition fee.
This is the end of the post. It is our hope that the information herein will be of help to you. All the best as you choose colleges and universities where you want to pursue your engineering course from. Again, thank you for finding time to interact with us. If you need any information forehand, kindly let us know. We respond to questions immediately. Thank you.