Medical courses are the most prestigious courses leading to career in Kenya. Importantly, they are the most sort of courses in the world. List of medical courses and their requirements in Kenya.
In this article, we are going to provide a list of all medical courses and their requirements in Kenya.
List of medical courses and their requirements in Kenya
Medical courses in Kenya are usually offered by public and private universities. Further, there are other institutions in Kenya like Kenya Medical Training Colleges (KMTC) which offer medical courses.
Medical courses are the most promising. A student who has successfully pursued a course in medicine is likely to get a job fast compared to students who have pursued courses in other fields.
If your love for medical courses lies within you, you have not lost track. Let’s go!
What are the medical courses in Kenya
Here is the list of all medical courses that are provided for undergraduates and colleges in Kenya.
- Bachelor of science in medical laboratory science
- Bachelor of science in medical microbiology
- Bachelor of medicine
- Bachelor of surgery
- Bachelor of pharmacy
- Bachelor of science in medical biochemistry
- Bachelor of science in nursing
- Diploma in medical engineering
- Diploma in pharmacy
- Diploma in optometry
- Diploma in medical laboratory science
- Diploma in nutrition and dietetics
- Diploma in mortuary science
- Diploma in dental technology
- Diploma in clinical medicine and surgery
- Diploma in physiotherapy
- Diploma in nursing.
Best medical courses in Kenya
To pursue a medical course in Kenya, you will need to meet a few requirements for both degree and diploma courses. Below are the requirements.
Medical courses (DEGREE) requirements
- Minimum grade of C (Plus) in KCSE.
- Be a holder of diploma in the respective degree program.
- Must meet KUCCPS subject requirements.
Medical courses (DIPLOMA) requirements
- Minimum grade of C (Plain) in KCSE.
- Minimum subject requirements.
- Must be a holder of certificate in the medical course.
Last, it is important to note that, any student who need to do a course in medicine must meet all the requirements. Further, a student can pursue a medical course from the lowest level (Certificate) to the highest level (Degree).